back to the top

Back to Top

10 January 2018

How to Keep Your Room Clean with 6 Easy Habits

It is no secret that I love keeping my room clean. Mentally, I feel so much more organized and my mind is just clear. It is kind of funny how that works. Anyways, I was once not so concerned with how clean my room was, and it used to be so hard for me to keep it clean. But, I am happy to say that I honestly cannot remember the last time my room was a mess (thankfully), and I will attribute that to a few easy habits that I have developed over the past few years.

1. Make a home for everything. If something cannot fit into my room, I either donate it or put it on Poshmark. It makes things so much easier when you get something out to use, and when you are done, put it back where it goes. This has kept me from just throwing it on the floor and making a huge mess. You can also find ways to make functional pieces of furniture cute! My book case stores the textbooks I am using for the semester, but I also tried to style it in a way that is cute.

2. Keep things minimal. This kind of goes along with the last one, but I like to keep my room decor to a minimum. It makes things look neater and it's less to dust and take care of. Whenever I buy something for my room, I try to think of a specific place it can go. Otherwise, I will put it back. 

3. Make it a habit to tidy your room before bed. This is one of the best habits I have gotten in to. Every night before I go to bed, I will put up clean laundry or put away my school books or anything that is laying on the floor. It feels so good to go to bed with a clean room! It also makes things so much easier when you tidy up a little bit each day -- that way you don't have to do a ton at one time. 

4. Make your bed every day. For some reason, this makes your room look so much cleaner. I am not sure why, but it does! I try to make mine every morning before I leave for class. Sometimes, that doesn't happen so I will make it as soon as I get home.

5. Schedule a regular time to dust & vacuum. I try to dust my furniture and vacuum my floor every 2 weeks. This also forces you to get everything off the floor and clear the surfaces of your furniture. 

6. Once a month, do a clean out. My latest cleaning habit is to look through my "junk" areas and clean them out. I started with different sections in my room to make things more manageable. I started with my closet and moved to my desk and then dresser. Breaking it down to small sections makes things so much easier and less daunting!


__________________

Thanks for reading! I hope that this post will help you develop good cleaning skills. It's amazing how much a clean room will do for your life! Do you have any habits that you do to keep your room clean? I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment