back to the top

Back to Top

08 January 2018

Ways to Beat the Winter Blues

          


     Winter can be so fun, but there comes a point when the cold weather and bare dress must go (normally after Christmas is over and it's time to go back to school). I find myself wishing that it was warmer especially as we get later into January and early into February. In the South, the weather can be unpredictable, but for the most part, January and February are the coldest months - especially this year. I don't think we have even made it into the 40's within the past few weeks, which is really saying something for South Carolina (hello having Christmas' when it was 60 degrees outside). Anyways, the cold weather can always make me feel really blue, and I just get into a weird funk. Today, I will be sharing a few ways that help me get out of the winter funk!

______________________

1. Get a Countdown App. The first thing I normally do is set a countdown on my phone for Spring Break or the last day of school. This may not work for some people because it might be more discouraging than it is anything, but for me it helps me keep the end goal in sight. There is nothing more pleasing than to look on the app after a couple of days and see the number slowly (but surely) go down! Yay, warmer days are in sight!

2. I like to stock my closet with cute winter clothes. This also makes things so much easier. Whenever I am getting ready for school in the mornings, it is so much easier to brave the cold in something cute. It also helps to savor winter because most of those clothing items cannot be worn during the warmer months.

3. I like to keep an eye out for any cute summer clothes (and scoop those up!). It is so fun to find summer clothes and put them in your closet knowing that you will be able to wear them shortly!

4. I also love listening to summer time music. My favorite summertime music is definitely Oldies/Beach Music. It definitely gets me in a summer mood and helps me forget about the cold weather.

5. Staying active is also a good way to get your mind off the long winter months. This is something I am hoping to get better at, but I think it would help to motivate me to know that the winter months are quickly coming to an end, and summer will be here which means I need to get ready for those summer shorts and dresses!

6. Sit in the sunshine and read a book or a magazine.  This seriously is a great way to get vitamin D and to relax. I always feel so recharged after I sit in the sun for a while. Vitamin D is a must for feeling good.

7. I think a great way to kick the winter blues is to just be thankful. Sometimes, it is so hard to be content with where we are at in life or the season we are in. Thankfulness is a cure for just about anything. Be thankful that you have these days to live and make the most of them while you can.

_________________

I'd love to hear some of your tips to kick the winter blues! Feel free to drop a comment below!!

No comments:

Post a Comment