back to the top

Back to Top

03 January 2018

16 Encouraging Bible Verses for College Students







Hey y'all!
I have been a little MIA lately (you can thank an insanely busy semester of college for that). Now that I am on Christmas break, and just about to start my spring semester, I wanted to compile a list of Bible verses that can be an encouragement throughout this semester.

One of my goals this year is to meditate more on God's word throughout the day. Hopefully, if that is one of your goals too, this list of verses will be a great resource of the promise and truths that God's Word provides.

__________________

Isaiah 26:3-4
"You keep him in perfect peace whose mind is stayed on you, because he trusts in you. Trust in the Lord forever, for the Lord God is an everlasting rock."

1 Corinthians 16:13-14
"Be watchful, stand firm in the faith, act like men, be strong. Let all that you do be done in love."

1 Corinthians 15:58
"Therefore, my beloved brothers, be steadfast, immoveable, always abounding in the work of the Lord, knowing that in the Lord your labor is not in vain."

Philippians 4:8-9
"Finally, brothers, whatever is true, whatever is honorable, whatever is just, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is commendable, if there is any excellence, if there is anything worthy of praise, think about these things. What you have learned and received and heard and seen in me -- practice these things, and the God of peace will be with you."

Philippians 4:19
"And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus."

Colossians 2:6-7
"Therefore, as you received Christ Jesus the Lord, so walk in him, rooted and built up in him and established in the faith, just as you were taught, abounding in thanksgiving."

Colossians 3:15-16
"And let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, to which indeed you were called in one body. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly, teaching and admonishing one another in all wisdom, singing psalms and hymns and spiritual songs, with thankfulness in your hearts to God."

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18
"Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you."

James 1:2-5
"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness. And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing. If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask God, who gives generously to all without reproach, and it will be given to him."

Isaiah 12:2
"Behold, God is my salvation; I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the Lord God is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation."

Isaiah 40:8
"The grass withers, the flower fades, but the word of our God will stand forever"

Isaiah 40:28
"Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. HE does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable."

Isaiah 41:10
"Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God'; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you will my righteous right hand."

Psalm 34:8
"Oh, taste and see that the Lord is good! Blessed is the man who takes refuge in him."

Psalm 46:1-2, 10a
"God is our refuge and strength, a very present help in trouble. Therefore we will not fear though the earth gives way, though the mountains be moved into the heart of the sea...Be still, and know that I am God."

Psalm 62:5-8
"For God alone, O my soul, wait in silence, for my hope is from him. He is my rock and my salvation, my fortress; I shall not be shaken. On God rests my salvation and my glory; my might rock, my refuge is God. Trust in him at all times, O people; pour out your hearts before him; God is a refuge for us."

__________________


I hope you find these verses to be an encouragement to you this coming semester & year. I'd love to hear some of your favorite verses that you meditate on! 

No comments:

Post a Comment